Jessica graduated from Boston University in 2010 with a clinical Doctorate of Physical Therapy. She worked in Boston, USA, for two years while working concurrently in both a trauma hospital as well as an out-patient musculoskeletal setting. In 2011, she went on to complete the Level 1 Manual Therapy Residency during her time in Boston as well. Jessica later moved to New Zealand in 2012 and has worked in a private practice setting focusing on neurological and concussion rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation as well persistent pain and complex orthopaedic management. Jessica now works across both managerial and clinical roles in the Wellington region in New Zealand, working alongside a team of occupation therapists, psychologists and medical specialists as part of an inter-disciplinary approach to health care.
Published on 03 July 2019
Assessment and testing of upper motor neuron (UMN) lesionsRead more Assessment and testing of upper motor neuron (UMN) lesions
Published on 22 May 2019
Post-workout muscle pain or Rhabdomyolysis?Read more Post-workout muscle pain or Rhabdomyolysis?
Published on 10 April 2019
The impact of cannabis on athletic performanceRead more The impact of cannabis on athletic performance
- Smoking and postoperative pain
- Ultrasound vs. dual energy CT for accurate diagnosis of gout
- Post-concussion syndrome - what is it, what influences it?
- Tinnitus and disorders of the cervical spine or the TMJ
- Forces during head-to-chest impact in American football
- Visual causes of dizziness
- Can you spot Meningitis?
- Concussion, cognitive fatigue and its treatment
- Physical activity before surgery for cancer
- Mindfulness: does it improve patients' pain outcomes?
- Persistent pain following concussion
- Exercise prescription during cancer treatment
- Extracorpeal Shockwave Therapy in knee pain
- Manual Therapy and headaches
- Fast track rehabilitation for Total Knee Replacements
- High-load strength training for plantar fasciitis
- The effects of bariatric surgery in knee osteoarthritis (OA)
- Self-management in lymphoedema
- Heart rate and RPE during exercise with concussion
- Manual lymphatic drainage after breast cancer
- Treating cervicogenic dizziness with exercise and education
- Management of Bell’s Palsy
- Lifestyle interventions with colorectal cancer
- Tandem spinal stenosis
- Manual therapy for Axillary web syndrome
- Hydraulic distention and frozen shoulder management
- Effects of exercise on pain and fatigue in cancer
- The impact of exercise on DNA and telomere length
- Active rehabilitation after a concussion
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Pain management in insertional Achilles tendinopathy
- Knowledge for stroke survivors and risk for a second stroke
- Exercise, hippocampus volume and memory